Oh no I didnt....yes I did


I drink coffee almost everyday. And everyday I use a small brown coffee filter in my Melita single cup maker. This morning I realized that maybe my dingy hankies could have a use before they go into the cleaning rag pile? So I tried it. I folded my handkerchief into a square that I opened up and placed into the filter holder. I filled the cloth filter with coffee and poured boiling water to brew. It worked but not without some difficulty. After this test I realized that it would work better if I cut the hanky to the size of a paper filter and sew. One last thing and probably the worst. My coffee tasted like a dryer sheet! So make sure you wash and hang dry your hanky before brewing your coffee.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are an innovator! This use was so unexpected. Brilliant idea! Now, if I may poke a little fun -- I love the lesson-to-be-learned in this blog posting. Did you say the coffee tasted like a dryer sheet? Who uses those nasty chemicals in their laundry anyways?? Certainly not -- you!? ;-)

JP said...

Occasionally I do use dryer sheets Wallflower. Its true. You caught me. However the dryer sheets I use have a vegetable-derived softening agent and essential oils. You should try them! Here is the link.

http://www.askgreentara.com/mrs-meyers-aromatherapy-dryer-sheets.html

Anonymous said...

next time you eat dinner out, remember weird fish. they use hankies as napkins too!

UWG said...

clever!

Followers